We're looking for an accomplished and well-rounded data engineer to join BlueOwl's
Data Engineering team. As part of the team, you will have the opportunity to advance
our data warehouse, partner in Data Science initiatives, and work closely with teams
across the organization to advance key functional areas such as growth and
- Centralize data from across the organization to provide unified insights into
- Improve our ability to evaluate vehicle related risk through data integrations and
providing a platform for feature extraction and model inferences
- Contribute to architecture and work planning activities
- Engage in mentoring members of the team through code reviews, pairing, and
- Enjoys and is deeply comfortable with a Python-centric code base and Python
- Have an extraordinary grasp of high level architecture.
- Experience in building RESTful services at scale.
- BS in Computer Science and five years of experience.
- Exposure to using cloud-based production systems at scale.
- Data science fundamentals are not required, but are a plus.
- Experience with kubernetes, helm, and terraform
- Exposure to the scientific Python stack would be helpful (numpy, pandas, scikit-
learn, tensorflow, etc). If you don't have it, you will learn it here.
- Experience with Postgres, Kafka, and Snowflake
- Experience with integrations and data warehousing using tools like Snowflake,
DBT, and Airflow.
Salary: $150,000 to $330,000
Important note: all offered salaries are based on many factors, including experience in a similar role and geographic location of the candidate.
- Benefits : We provide a wide variety of health, wellness and other benefits.These include medical, dental, vision, life insurance and supplemental income plans for you and your dependents, a Headspace app subscription, monthly wellness allowance and a 401(k) Plan with a company match.
- Work from Home Equipment : Given our virtual environment- in order to set you up for success at home, a one-time payment of $2K will be provided to cover the purchase of in-home office equipment and furniture at your discretion. Also, our teams work with MacBook Pros, which we will deliver to you fully provisioned prior to your first day.
- Paid Time Off: All employees accrue four weeks of PTO in their first year of employment. New parents receive eight weeks of fully paid parental leave (plus four additional weeks for parents who give birth) which may be taken within one year after the birth and/or adoption of a child.
- Personal and Professional Development: We're committed to investing in and helping our people grow personally and professionally. All employees receive up to $5000 each year for professional learning, continuing education and career development. All team members also receive Udemy subscriptions and access to multiple different coaching opportunities through BetterUp.
- Location : We are a remote-first company for most positions so you may work from anywhere you like in the U.S, excluding U.S. territories. Occasional travel may be required for team meetings or company gatherings. Employees based in the San Francisco Bay Area or in Providence, Rhode Island may commute to one of our local offices as desired.
- Hours : We maintain core meeting hours from 9AM - 3PM Pacific time for collaborating with team members across all time zones.
BlueOwl, LLC is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you are a San Francisco resident, please read the City and County of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance notice.
This role is employed by BlueOwl, LLC. BlueOwl, LLC is a separate company in the State Farm family of companies and is the solutions provider for the HiRoad Assurance Company.