Backend Python Developer
We are searching for a remote Backend Python Developer to join a team building and extending our next-generation incident detection and response services. You will work closely with the company's internal security investigations and analysis teams to design work flows, system, and processes that deliver reliable, scalable, and effective security services. You should be highly qualified in designing and engineering software solutions to securely meet the demand of our security team. You also should have the ability and desire to learn internet security from, and with, a team of experts.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Evaluate application security tools for internal consumption. Prototype new automation and tooling to improve our detection and prevention capabilities
• Select and apply the correct technologies, strategies, and algorithms to efficiently solve complex problems
• Collaborate with domain experts in Incident Command and across the company to enhance, improve, or modify cloud-based security methods
• Maintain the production application environment, including problem identification and resolution
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Experience in writing software in one or more languages, such as Python (MUST HAVE), Go, Java (Secondary Language) in a Linux (or Unix) based environment
• Experience with CI/CD - building and deploying containers using orchestration platforms such as Docker Swarm and Kubernetes to deliver highly available solutions
• Demonstrated secure development techniques and principles, with the mentality of producing secure, highly performant, and fault tolerant systems
• Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs
• Experience in full stack development, with strong front-end development abilities (React is a plus)- THIS IS A NICE TO HAVE! The manager would like to have this candidate have familiarity with the frontend using REACT and is open to working with it when needed!
• Comfortable developing solutions to efficiently use, move, transform and supply large amounts of data supporting security operations
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We're supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.