Senior Python Back-end Developer (Machine Learning company) Salary up to $220k+ Our client is looking for a Senior Python Back-End Developer to help take the company’s dashboard app to the next level. The candidate would develop core features, maintain and improve quality of the code, and work closely with teams of data engineers and front-end developers to extend existing and introduce new features in a scalable, efficient, and easy maintainable manner. The candidate would also be expected to assume a leadership role with the team’s more junior developers, and to implement high-level solutions regarding code and database architecture, robustness and scalability, and hosting and deployment.
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop and improve tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with data engineers and front end developers to fix and improve products
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies
- General purpose: Linux CLI, git/GitHub, Bash Scripting
- Advanced knowledge of Python, in particular the Flask framework and associated external components.
- Advanced knowledge of API principles such as REST.
- Database administration on SQL-based databases (CockroachDB preferred, alternatively PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle)
- Tools for data marshaling, querying, migrations: Marshmallow, SQLAlchemy, Alembic
- CI/CD tools: Jenkins, Configuration Management Tools (preferably Ansible / Salt)
- Working knowledge of web security.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science or a related degree.