Headquarters: Nasvhille, TN
Do you want to help create a new world bridging human and synthetic identity while solving technical problems that you won’t find anywhere else? We are Alias, and we are building a community-based video application for authentic and safe expression, where users interact through AI-generated synthetic identities. Our product is based on cutting-edge AI research and utilizes the most recent breakthroughs in generative media.
We are looking for a skilled Backend/Fullstack Engineer to join our founding team and help us build the next-gen social network. Our back-end tech stack includes MongoDB, Express.js and Django - all hosted in AWS. We design our systems to be scalable and efficient by using asynchronous queue-based interaction between components.
Our entire team is fully remote and international. We are creative, fast-paced, nimble and understand that employees thrive when their work has purpose. If this sounds like a fit for you, please email your resume or LinkedIn profile to Tracy@alias-app.com.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- You will extend, maintain, integrate, optimize and deploy Alias’ backend systems.
- You will closely collaborate with ML engineers implementing AI-powered features of the application.
- You will migrate our existing Node.js REST API into Django REST framework, taking full advantage of everything DRF has to offer (swagger, health monitoring, API versioning, etc.).
- Must have 5+ years experience with backend development.
- The ideal candidate has a track record of effectively operating in a dynamic and loosely structured environment (e.g., a startup).
- Familiarity with AWS is a plus.
- Prior experience with mobile is a plus.
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced fully remote environment across time zones.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/alias-senior-backend-engineer