We are looking for a Senior Kernel Developer to join our KernelCare team.
KernelCare, CloudLinux’s fastest-growing product, provides automated kernel security updates without reboots for most popular Linux distributions. It ensures optimal performance and uptime by allowing hosting providers and enterprises to keep kernels up-to-date with all security patches while keeping servers online.
Our company is Cloud Linux Inc. – the maker of the #1 OS for web-hosting providers. We develop our products — CloudLinux OS, KernelCare, Imunify360, and Imunify Email — using the most innovative technologies. Our products are used by thousands of companies around the world, including Dell, GoDaddy, IBM, Zoom, and many others.
Work is fully remote, with flexible hours, where you can plan your day and work from anywhere in the world.
More details about the project you can find on the product website KernelCare.com, about the company on Cloudlinux.com.
Qualifications that we are looking for:
- Excellent C programming and debugging skills
- God’s level knowledge of linux kernel core subsystems
- CPU and cache architectures
- Experience with GDB and other debuggers
- CPU performance and power analysis
- Independent and self-motivated problem solver and strategic thinker
- Proficient in Git for development and patch/branch management
- Good planning, time management, decision-making, presentation, and organization skills
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Happy in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Experience with python, shell scripting
- Experience with Jenkins
What’s in it for you?
- A great opportunity for professional development within the young and fast-growing company
- Interesting and challenging projects
- Remote work with long-term employment on a full-time basis under contract
- High-level compensation based on the performance reviews
- Compensation in the US dollars
- Flexible working hours
- Paid one month vacation per year and sick leaves
- Medical insurance (according to the company policy)
- Days off on national holidays
- English educational programs (Lingua-Leo online course & Speaking Club);
- individual coach sessions;
- ability to study and attend seminars and training according to the request;
- co-working and gym/sports compensations (according to the company policy);
- the opportunity to receive a reward for the most innovative idea that the company can patent.