Headquarters: Calgary, AB, Canada
We are looking for a Python developer with experience with web application development and the Django framework.
This is a full-time remote position.
We use GitHub to manage tasks and code reviews as well as tools/services like AWS, CI/CD tools, Docker, Sentry, Stripe, Solr and Redis.
You will be primarily involved in the following projects/areas:
* Complex eCommerce web apps for the Educational industry.
* A web app for service companies in the Oil and Gas industry.
* A new SaaS product we have been working on to help software teams ship products faster.
* Maintenance of our test suites and code base.
* Implementation of new features.
* We take quality seriously and we like to follow standards such as PEP-8 and good software engineering practices.
* Strong hands on experience with Python, experience with Django is important, but we might still be willing to consider candidates with strong Python skills and none or little knowledge with Django.
* Track record of delivering completed projects, preferably web-based .
* Good SQL knowledge and databases, PostgreSQL is a plus
* You should be very familiar with Linux
* Experience using version control software, Git is a plus
* Understanding of code best practices and standards.
* Experience writing unit tests is a plus.
* Easy-going personality.
Please submit resume and cover letter to careers [at] pixbuffer [dot] ca.
No agencies and no consulting companies.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/pixbuffer-software-inc-full-stack-developer-strong-python-and-django