Headquarters: Garnerville, New York
Hello. We are ShipHero (https://shiphero.com). We have built a software platform entrusted by hundreds of ecommerce companies, large and small to run their operations and we continue to grow. About US$5 billion of ecommerce orders are shipped a year via ShipHero. Our customers sell on Shopify, Amazon, Etsy, Ebay, WooCommerce, BigCommerce and many other platforms. We’re driven to help our customers grow their businesses by providing a platform that solves complex problems, and is engineered to be reliable and fast. We are obsessed with building great technology, that is beautiful, easy to use and is loved by our customers. Our culture also reflects our ethos and belief that by bringing passionate, talented and great people together - you can do great things.
Our team is fully remote, with most of our engineers currently spread over the Americas but have been building out teams in Europe as well. We communicate regularly using video chat and Slack, and put a strong emphasis on asynchronous work so people have large chunks of uninterrupted time to focus and do deep work.
Making sure you and the rest of the company are able to focus while being at work is really important to us. You can read our internal guide on how we communicate from our website: https://shiphero.com/careers/c...
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Software Security Engineer who will help us develop and enhance our in-house security tooling for automation. Your duties will include advanced development in Python/Django/Flask, but also a day to day security workload, such as security analysis and monitoring, enabling and improving existing security controls, vulnerability management, participating in security incidents and reviews.
You should have a solid Software Engineering background with a strong experience in Application Security and Web Technologies.
- 5+ years as a Security Engineer.
- 5+ years as a Software Engineer using Python.
- Experience in automating security tasks and configuring security tools (SIEM, Web Scanners).
- Practical experience with Linux, Apache, Nginx, Gunicorn, Django, Flask, React, and MySQL.
- Practical experience using modern cloud deploy pipelines such as Infrastructure as Code (Terraform), Software Development Lifecycle, Continuous Integration and Delivery (Git & Atlassian Suite).
- Competence in spoken and written English.
- $2.500 so you can buy any equipment you need to be happy at your job
- 20 days paid vacation + new year & Christmas
- Conference days don't count against your vacation days, we want you to stay up-to-date
- We will pay for courses & conferences, if you learn we all learn
- Salary range is $75.000 - $120.000 / year depending on experience and location
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/shiphero-software-security-engineer